1.
The thing I most admired was her quote: “ there are
four kind of people in the world: those who make things happen
those who watch things happen
those who wonder what happened
those who don’t know anything happened”
I truly love quotes and this one spoke to me a higher volume.
those who watch things happen
those who wonder what happened
those who don’t know anything happened”
I truly love quotes and this one spoke to me a higher volume.
She encountered adversity during her time
period as we all will and her solution was to write to women to help them get
the opportunities she was denied.
What surprised me the most was how even
through her adversity it seemed easy to her maybe due to the fact that she had
the attitude and passion for it.
I least admired some of her ideals
2.
Mary Kay had the understanding of how a good business
ran how to improve companies already running. She was born with the skills and
performance of tasks with the things she went through as a child. As well as
the person she is qualified her for this entrepreneur guidance.
3.
What was confusing was her thoughts as to the
needs of a women I am not sure if that is because of the time she lived but
reading it I found it confusing how she could think that is the roles or steps a
woman should take. “birth to age fourteen she need good parents and good health,
fourteen to forty, she needs good looks, forty to sixty she need personality
and from sixty on she needs cash”
4.
I would ask Mary Kay how would she start her
business if she had to start it now in this world and age? (I would ask this to
see her true approach when related to the life and time I live in) I would also
ask what advice would she give women now when times have changed (to see if she
is happy with the opportunities women get now when she did not get the same
when she was starting)
5.
The way I viewed how she thought about hard work
was something she can do no matter the difficulty and that is something that I do
share because hard work does come with those hard times but once you believe
you can take on the task the hard work becomes easy.
I love the quote that defined four types of people: those who make, watch, wonder and don’t know anything that happened. I wonder if she was truly born with the skills, as you say, or acquired them through her experience at Stanley where she was passed up for promotions by males. I think she had the drive to prove she can be successful and acquired the skills and leverage courage and confidence to do so. She also wanted others to succeed and she was generous to share her success with others and establish charitable organizations to help build the legacy she left behind.
ReplyDelete