An Entrepreneur is a person who organizes a business or something like a business. I had the opportunity to be very close to an Entrepreneur who at first I did not think he was. I always thought in order to be an entrepreneur you had to create this big business and make a bunch of money. But you do not and he didn't. In high school and parts of middle school I had this track coach he went by the name of coach B. Before he got the opportunity to be a coach at the high school he is at now he built his own summer club organization to train athletes during the summer to compete and win championships. I remember going through the tough process with him just in a different view me being a minor I was thinking it was pretty cool however looking back now I realized he was building his business/background and foundation. We started training, him as my coach me as his athlete in a storage unit room with two storage units bought and the door torn down where it held two treadmills some dumb bells, squat bars and more. Years went by as he gained more athletes based of the results his other athletes had produced. Soon we went from the first floor two storage closets to the second floor and about 5-6 storage units! It was amazing more room for more equipment and more athletes to coach and was an complete upgrade from the first floor storage gym. I started with him in 7th grade and by the time I was in 10th grade we had moved to the 3rd and final floor of the storage unit and surprising enough we had the opportunity to have the whole right side of the 3rd floor composed of about 30 plus units with a hallways space tearing down doors and painting we were able to place a rubber strip of track about 50-65 meters down in the middle of the unit. We had one side strictly for lifting, one side for mobility one side with turf down for warming up, stretching and more and it was just overall space-ish and a super upgrade. 11th grade hit and management changed and we lost our 30 plus unit gym and trained at a local gym for a couple months knowing it was not best fit for us mainly because we had to do things on their schedule. By this time in high school he was also my high school track and field coach, however my high school did not have the best resources to give us what we needed. Soon after those few months at the local gym we no longer traveled there or that far because up the street from our high school and majority of our homes the Dungeon, what we call our gym from the first storage unit to now, became our own. My coach bought this spot with a lot of space and potential he partnered with some other entrepreneurs and they gave birth to BurnFit Athletics. Today I volunteer at BurnFit when i am home for the summer and they have further built the business to have personal trainers, training groups, coach soccer as well as track in their and it turing out to be a great investment.
I enrolled in ENT because I believe this class with give me a better understanding of the background I need to build to pursue the things I wish to accomplish.

Thank you for sharing the story about your coach! I think that’s amazing how he had a passion, put it into action, and made it grow from a tiny gym to BurnFit Athletics – and that you were able to witness it all and be a part of the process. I think that’s great that you volunteer at BurnFit since it’s truly beneficial to surround yourself with role models and experiences that will help you grow as an entrepreneur.
ReplyDelete