Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Free Money Give Away

During this exercise I will go to the Hub/Reitz or Turlington the busiest parts of campus during the afternoon. I will approach people that look like they want to be approached I do not want to be rude, disrespectful or be disrespected. To start the conversation off I will say something along the lines of: “Good Evening, I was walking behind you and I noticed a dollar on the ground would this happen to be yours? it seemed to have dropped out of your pocket” My plan for the conversation is to get them to admit to the dollar being theirs and take the dollar then making it look like a kind gesture. I think I will get 3 out of 5 of the dollar bills away.
After doing the assignment my results were 0 out of 5 dollars it was really hard to give away a free dollar to people they seemed to all think that there was a catch or a reason (even though there was). It also did not help that I was on crutches so everyone felt bad to take money from me and talked more about my injury than the free money they could get. Also my approach had to change because I could not grab money off the floor I just approached individuals on their phones or having conversations with one another. My predictions were incorrect. I thought It would be easier to give away a dollar however I feel like if I was not injured It would have been a little better. To be honest I did not have any assumptions to the individuals I approached I just tried to approach them.


No comments:

Post a Comment