Friday, July 20, 2018

Next Move


Existing Market
The interviewers that I talked to said three things that we could do that we are not doing now and that includes; widening the variety of local farmers, diversifying the products so not just eh regular fruits and vegetables but ore so there are several options as well as if we are selling other revenue than just being produce make everything a more organic healthy based with the same aim to price.
The potential for us to grow is extremely possible you cannot be a successful business without growing to the business of the people. I think that after a couple months and even years of the new grocery market the regular produce that we sell will be profitable and dynamic enough that eventually we can more to more products, more diverse products and more organic products.
Also I think what will help us improve with the customer’s request is when we upgrade our farmers when we start getting more farmers produce in the local community we get more diversity, variety, taste as well as options. During the time we are expanding our food we could also expand our market in what everything we sell and how organic and environmentally healthy things are.

New Market
My market is toward the poor so if I were to change to the higher income I feel like my market will appeal to those however, location wise I would have to create the store close enough to those areas.
The interviewers basically were saying that the location would need to change and they would want more exotic products so those that are maybe foreign and even when it comes to farmers for the revenue to kick in I would need to use farmers related to their epidemic.
This new market may be more profitable however it will be a lot more challenging and demanding to please those customers. This would require customers to feel like the products need to be of a higher standard than below market price. They are not concerned with price but more where things came from. Nothing truly surprised me because I thought about if I aimed it towards those of high social economic status it would not have that much of a big effect on the community and individuals because they do not have the unmet need of resources.
All of my assumptions were correct and during the process I would not shy away from the other spectrum of target customers however I will not lose focus to who I am truly trying to aim towards and help meet the unmet need with the opportunity I noticed. This new market through talking about it with the interviewers does not interest me at all it does not seem to be something worth the risk or the planning.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Brandee,
    Your analysis on the new market was very interesting and sophisticated. I agree that while catering to the new market of higher income may be more profitable and have a wider variety of produces, it will be more demanding and defeats the purpose of serving to people who cannot afford a healthy lifestyle because the new market doesn't care about price. I think it's good that you are not losing focus on your goal of wanting to help people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brandee,

    I think it’s great that you intend to partner with local farmers. This would definitely increase profit by lowering supply costs because of less transportation costs and more readily available produce. Not only that, but quality would be so much higher especially regarding freshness and health-consciousness. This choice of supplier also helps open your venture to a wider market since many health services don’t partner with local farmers which many of your potential customers want and which you are providing - giving you a competitive edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you are leveraging your interview feedback. I think its very important to let this guide you. I’d also consider what other needs that market has versus trying to address a new market. Nce you have the captive audience in your stores, what other adjacent categories of merchandise could you offer them? Could it be a pharmacy in the store, or a dietician like you posted before?

    ReplyDelete